WELCOME!!

Hey!!

Thanks for checking me out... Follow me as I blog about the daily craziness in my life... You might ask yourself why Jen Marden's daily life is relevent..I mean everybody has crazy things going on in there own lives what makes JEN MARDEN special? Well to answer that question I guess I need to go back in time a little because as much as I would not like to relive my past; it has brought me to where I am today & for that I'm Greatful.

From starting my own charity event consulting business to getting sued for 6 million dollars on fb to ending a bad engagement to almost dying on a Reality TV Show (THANKS MTV & TRUMP) to branching out & becoming NYC'S first Social Connector" to advocating for causes that are true to my heart to Having everything I thought I ever wanted externally & finally realizing that what I thought I wanted was exactly what I did not want to somehow being a magnet for the insane lol (more on that later) to working in Fashion to starting my own Jewelery line to having no filter at all to volunteering for Make A Wish to probably being the only girl to reject a certain Player on the Yankees to dating a psycho to being stalked (THANKS AGAIN MTV) And that's just been the past couple of years.....

I do hope you continue to join me on this crazy rollercoaster of a life through the ups and downs, twists & turns and the only thing I can gurantee is you will be in for the ride of your life!! Nothing is off limits in a DAY IN THE LIFE OF JEN MARDEN XOXO

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why I will never do another Reality Show again!!

As much as I have put this horrifying experience behind me & tried my best not to be associated with the show A part of me can't let go of it.. Since reality tv is becoming more and more prevailiant in our society I feel it is my right (especially since my contract is over & I can't be sued lol) to tell my story in the hopes that I can prevent or discourage even one person to think twice before signing their life away and life being the key word in regards to these production companies..
Let me first say that im not opposed to reality tv as a whole; actually After ending my Engagement/Relationship I was approached to do a few more shows (obviously not on MTV) that I nicely declined..
Sooo here goes: I was on an MTV reality show in which I Participated on called, "The Girls of Hedsor Hall". My reason for agreeing to do the show had nothing to do with money, 15 mins of fame blah blah blah it had everything to do with curiosity and the simple fact that i have never been to London.
Although it has been over a few years since the show was filmed, the nightmares of what I had experienced still plague me and I believe my voice needs and deserves to be heard. Being assaulted, Malnurished & dehydrated definitely was something I did not sign up for. Passing out on the show from lack of nurtrition saved my life bc the next day I was sent home to the states yet my health was so poor that I passed out once I was back home; I was rushed to the ER where I received the vital treatments I so desperately needed, the doctor who treated me also told me that I am very lucky to be alive bc if I would of stayed on that show any longer I would have most likely died. The aftermath of the show airing only heightened the extreme of terror; I started receiving death threats that were serious enough to warrant police intervention. I was stripped of my constitutional rights such as freedom of speech due to an iron-clad contract that clearly protected only one party - MTV. I want my voice to be heard not just with the public but also with the politicians because there needs to be some regulation & enforcement in regards to these contracts, I need the american public to know what went on during the making of this show, so no one will ever have to experience the abuse that I went through.
This story is still relevant because of the prevalence of reality television. As the genre continues to grow, more and more people are lured into participating for the sake of "fame". My complaint is not with reality TV as a whole but rather with the mega corporations who feel as if they are immune to wrongdoing because of their money and power. I tried to pitch the story immediately following the production of the show & even had a story in the DAILY NEWS that was ready to go; but MTV threatened me with a multi-million dollar lawsuit if I chose to run the story, despite MTV breaching the contract once the producers took away my passport and refused to allow me to leave. I felt defeated and tried to put the experience behind me, but I can no longer stay quiet to this issue. No one should have to ensure what I have went through and if MTV & TRUMP want to turn a blind eye on this then that's fine but I will use my constitutional right of freedom of speech (which of course I was denied for so long) to speak the truth until change is enforced in all aspects.. I have also been in contact with the American Civil Liberties Union as I consider MTV's actions unlawful in regards to imprisonment and/or kidnapping.
I Have always believed that "everything happens for a reason" so if being on this show regardless of the horror i have endured means i could use my story as a platform for change in this ever growing phenominum we call Reality TV ..it is incredibly important to me because if I can be the voice of reason to just one person considering being a participant of a reality show, then I feel my experience was worth it. I would like to raise awareness of the issue because many reality show cast members have had similar experiences but were at a loss due to legal and monetary disadvantages. No one deserves to feel inferior with out their consent and that is the biggest objective these major corporations want to achieve for their own greed and entertainment which is absolutely disgusting.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/345452/hunting-trip.jhtml#id=1605416

No comments:

Post a Comment